Updates!
Lots of crazy stuff has been going on here!
A week or so ago Leo had a little accident and hurt his back. He wasn't using his back legs and gave us and the vet a scare. He had slipped a disc in his back and swelling resulting from this caused pressure on his spinal cord ...this left him paralyzed in his legs:( Luckily we got him to the vet right as we noticed him acting weird and got him the help he needed. After lots of steroids and muscle relaxers...he is all fixed :) Then Jake got an ear infection in both of his ears and his eyes....so back to the vet we went! Needless to say we need to buy stock in our local emergency vets :)
I have been really busy at work trying to get up to speed with all the docs. I have been pumping lots of cases alone with a perfusionist in house but not in the room. This has been really nice, mainly because it's great to get some confidence that I can do this without any help! I go on call this weekend and will be completely on my own in August. I have a back up I can call if I get called in for tough case and need some help, so that is nice too!
Sean has been busy applying for lots of jobs! He had an interview today and 3 interviews in the next week! He has been working so hard for this so its great for him to finally get some bites!! One of the companies he has a second interview with makes winches for off road vehicles, another company he has an interview with dose material handling and the other manufactures truck components. His persistence, awesomeness and all of the well wishes that have come our way from you guys seemed to help!
We went to Seattle last weekend for a day and had a great time! Its about a 2.5 hour trip from our house or a 3 hour train ride. I think next time we will take take the train to mix it up, but the drive was really easy. We checked out the Pike Place Market, saw the fish guys and all the fresh seafood! We then walked down to the Seattle Aquarium and explored all of their cool tide pool exhibits and had a great time! We had dinner on the water front and got to do an oyster tasting!! They were awesome and so fresh...putting anything on these babies was a crime because they were soooo fresh and yummy! Sean and I also checked out Portlands Brewfest last weekend. Its a 3 day event with hundreds of brews to try. It was a great deal, for only $20 you got admission for all three days, a tasting glass and tickets for 10 beers to try. Sean and I split up our weekend and went on Friday and Sunday...so much beer...so little time! They had breweries from all over the West coast, Europe and some from the East coast. We had a great time!
Thats all for now!!!!
A week or so ago Leo had a little accident and hurt his back. He wasn't using his back legs and gave us and the vet a scare. He had slipped a disc in his back and swelling resulting from this caused pressure on his spinal cord ...this left him paralyzed in his legs:( Luckily we got him to the vet right as we noticed him acting weird and got him the help he needed. After lots of steroids and muscle relaxers...he is all fixed :) Then Jake got an ear infection in both of his ears and his eyes....so back to the vet we went! Needless to say we need to buy stock in our local emergency vets :)
I have been really busy at work trying to get up to speed with all the docs. I have been pumping lots of cases alone with a perfusionist in house but not in the room. This has been really nice, mainly because it's great to get some confidence that I can do this without any help! I go on call this weekend and will be completely on my own in August. I have a back up I can call if I get called in for tough case and need some help, so that is nice too!
Sean has been busy applying for lots of jobs! He had an interview today and 3 interviews in the next week! He has been working so hard for this so its great for him to finally get some bites!! One of the companies he has a second interview with makes winches for off road vehicles, another company he has an interview with dose material handling and the other manufactures truck components. His persistence, awesomeness and all of the well wishes that have come our way from you guys seemed to help!
We went to Seattle last weekend for a day and had a great time! Its about a 2.5 hour trip from our house or a 3 hour train ride. I think next time we will take take the train to mix it up, but the drive was really easy. We checked out the Pike Place Market, saw the fish guys and all the fresh seafood! We then walked down to the Seattle Aquarium and explored all of their cool tide pool exhibits and had a great time! We had dinner on the water front and got to do an oyster tasting!! They were awesome and so fresh...putting anything on these babies was a crime because they were soooo fresh and yummy! Sean and I also checked out Portlands Brewfest last weekend. Its a 3 day event with hundreds of brews to try. It was a great deal, for only $20 you got admission for all three days, a tasting glass and tickets for 10 beers to try. Sean and I split up our weekend and went on Friday and Sunday...so much beer...so little time! They had breweries from all over the West coast, Europe and some from the East coast. We had a great time!
Thats all for now!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment