M. I. A.
It has been to long!!
Lots has happened since we last wrote, so I will try to catch up everyone!
First, Sean got a job! He is a mechanical engineer at Warn Industries in Portland. He started about 3 weeks ago and so far he thinks it OK :) He is in the process of finishing the job of the person that he replaced, but is looking forward to doing a project from start to finish. He has a "field trip" next week, they are taking their engineers out on an off road excursion to get some hands on experience with the winches that their company makes...so I guess his job isn't all that bad :)
My job is going well, I am on my own with 4 of our 5 surgeons and things are going great. I have had to put in a lot of work to get there...the last couple weeks have been 65-75 hour work weeks, which in part is why I have not been updating this like I said!! I am enjoying the freedom of being on my own and being part of the team up here, but I am looking forward to finishing up with this last surgeon so I can start working 3 days a week. That may sound like a cushy job, but one thing that I realized about perfusion is that 5 straight days of this job would be way to much!!!
We have been busy on the weekends camping and exploring and trying to take advantage of the great weather up here....we went camping on Mount Hood a couple weekends ago, and it was awesome!! The pups came and ran around and played in the stream. We relaxed and loved every minute of it! We found a great beach on the Columbia where we have been bringing the dogs to play. We figured out that Jake is actually a fish, trapped in a dog's body. He LOVES the water! I throw the ball as far out as I can and he goes and swims for it...he will even dive down to get things off the bottom. It is so much fun to watch him...Leo knows better and just wants us to throw the ball up and down the beach. This last weekend we went to pick fresh peaches at a U Pick farm and got all kinds of goodies. As we speak our peach cobbler is in the oven...yummy! Then yesterday some friends of ours up here invited us out on their boat. We went out on a beautiful lake in Washington and the guys wakeboarded. It was so cold (like 65 degrees out!!) so I just watched Sean and cheered him on....it was really fun. The lake was crystal clear and surrounded by forest and almost 180 feet deep. That kinda creeped me out so I was glad I stayed on board!!!
Sean rode in his first crit up here last week and got 9th place. He and his buddy Eric did it together and had plans of going 1-2 but they did great and had a good time! Sadly, the season is coming to an end up here and he is thinking about getting a cyclocross bike. Cyclocross is huge up here..for those of you not familiar its like racing off road on a road bike with obstacles and mud. The season runs through the winter....Until then...we plan on brewing a new batch of beer. Sean harvested our first batch of hops last night. We have been drying them and will freeze them until the rest are ready. I think it will be an IPA...Sean wants to brew a peach IPA called I Peach A...we will see what the brewing gods have in store for us!!!
A puppy update! The pups are doing good, we ended up getting crates at Petsmart and we are crating them while we are gone during the day. They are way to naughty to let roam the house and we got sick and tired of cleaning up their mess. They have adjusted well..we probably had a harder time with it then they did! Jake is getting HUGE. He is a massive gentle monster. Leo is doing great...still the alpha doggie in the house! They are such a wonderful thing in our lives and we love them so very much!
That's it for now...I will try and work on posting pics later!
Love you all!
Lots has happened since we last wrote, so I will try to catch up everyone!
First, Sean got a job! He is a mechanical engineer at Warn Industries in Portland. He started about 3 weeks ago and so far he thinks it OK :) He is in the process of finishing the job of the person that he replaced, but is looking forward to doing a project from start to finish. He has a "field trip" next week, they are taking their engineers out on an off road excursion to get some hands on experience with the winches that their company makes...so I guess his job isn't all that bad :)
My job is going well, I am on my own with 4 of our 5 surgeons and things are going great. I have had to put in a lot of work to get there...the last couple weeks have been 65-75 hour work weeks, which in part is why I have not been updating this like I said!! I am enjoying the freedom of being on my own and being part of the team up here, but I am looking forward to finishing up with this last surgeon so I can start working 3 days a week. That may sound like a cushy job, but one thing that I realized about perfusion is that 5 straight days of this job would be way to much!!!
We have been busy on the weekends camping and exploring and trying to take advantage of the great weather up here....we went camping on Mount Hood a couple weekends ago, and it was awesome!! The pups came and ran around and played in the stream. We relaxed and loved every minute of it! We found a great beach on the Columbia where we have been bringing the dogs to play. We figured out that Jake is actually a fish, trapped in a dog's body. He LOVES the water! I throw the ball as far out as I can and he goes and swims for it...he will even dive down to get things off the bottom. It is so much fun to watch him...Leo knows better and just wants us to throw the ball up and down the beach. This last weekend we went to pick fresh peaches at a U Pick farm and got all kinds of goodies. As we speak our peach cobbler is in the oven...yummy! Then yesterday some friends of ours up here invited us out on their boat. We went out on a beautiful lake in Washington and the guys wakeboarded. It was so cold (like 65 degrees out!!) so I just watched Sean and cheered him on....it was really fun. The lake was crystal clear and surrounded by forest and almost 180 feet deep. That kinda creeped me out so I was glad I stayed on board!!!
Sean rode in his first crit up here last week and got 9th place. He and his buddy Eric did it together and had plans of going 1-2 but they did great and had a good time! Sadly, the season is coming to an end up here and he is thinking about getting a cyclocross bike. Cyclocross is huge up here..for those of you not familiar its like racing off road on a road bike with obstacles and mud. The season runs through the winter....Until then...we plan on brewing a new batch of beer. Sean harvested our first batch of hops last night. We have been drying them and will freeze them until the rest are ready. I think it will be an IPA...Sean wants to brew a peach IPA called I Peach A...we will see what the brewing gods have in store for us!!!
A puppy update! The pups are doing good, we ended up getting crates at Petsmart and we are crating them while we are gone during the day. They are way to naughty to let roam the house and we got sick and tired of cleaning up their mess. They have adjusted well..we probably had a harder time with it then they did! Jake is getting HUGE. He is a massive gentle monster. Leo is doing great...still the alpha doggie in the house! They are such a wonderful thing in our lives and we love them so very much!
That's it for now...I will try and work on posting pics later!
Love you all!
Comments
Post a Comment