Hey Guys....It's Sean
What do you call that feeling when you miss your friends and family, hate your job, and feeling like your life is over, oh yeah, quarter life crises. Then you remember you have two awesome dogs and an amazing, beautiful wife that loves you unconditionally and supports your every move. Life isn't all that bad. 
This weekend was totally awesome and all by surprise. Friday we went to a sweet movie theater where they had lounge type seating and served you good food and beer. Saturday, feeling the need to get out of town, Elise came up the idea to go pick our own apples to make pies and sauce. So we headed to an apple farm near the Town of Hood River which is famous wind and kite surfing. After we picked our apples, we headed to the cute little downtown area where we found nothing less than a full blown hops festival. We tasted many northwestern beers, listened to a rocking polka band composed of guys in there 90s, and went on a brewery tour at Full Sail. During the tour a wo
man passed out in my arms for reasons unknown. For some reason or another, this type of thing happens to Elise and I all the time. At the end of the tour I had many questions of which the tour guide could not answer, so he led me to the men’s room where I disused brewing with one of the head brewers as he changed his baby’s diaper. It was smelly and kind of weird, but informative. After all the beer we cruised the town
to get some coffee and find out about kayak lessons. We should be hitting the white water in no time. Before the day was out we sat on the river bank and watched the remainder of the kite surfers come in from a long day of shredding, looks like a lot of fun.
Anyway, back to that whole hating my job thing. Not sure engineering is for me. I’m thing about pursuing my strong passion for the thing that got me interested in engineering in the first place, design. I’m looking at doing a graphics design program at one of the nearby colleges with hopes to maybe one day open my own design business. Speaking of which, Anna and Maeve, I have a business proposition for you both. We can discuss the details at Thanksgiving ;) Spoiler alert! Yes, it involves you moving to amazing Portland Oregon.
On Sunday we decided to rip out the grass we put in the backyard and replace it with gravel. I guess we just couldn’t get away from that beautiful Arizona landscaping. We drove my truck to the dump where they wanted to charge us $60 to take it off our hands. We said F that and dumped it at a construction site a block from our house. I don’t think the neighbors appreciated it, but we just wanted to do hood rat stuff with our friends.
As I write this, I’m sipping on the beer we recently brewed. It turned out really good, hoppy, dark and strong at about 9% ABV. Well that’s what’s going on up here. We miss all of you and can’t wait for Thanksgiving.
P.S .
Paula is visiting us next weekend. If you know what’s good for you, you better follow suit.
This weekend was totally awesome and all by surprise. Friday we went to a sweet movie theater where they had lounge type seating and served you good food and beer. Saturday, feeling the need to get out of town, Elise came up the idea to go pick our own apples to make pies and sauce. So we headed to an apple farm near the Town of Hood River which is famous wind and kite surfing. After we picked our apples, we headed to the cute little downtown area where we found nothing less than a full blown hops festival. We tasted many northwestern beers, listened to a rocking polka band composed of guys in there 90s, and went on a brewery tour at Full Sail. During the tour a wo
Anyway, back to that whole hating my job thing. Not sure engineering is for me. I’m thing about pursuing my strong passion for the thing that got me interested in engineering in the first place, design. I’m looking at doing a graphics design program at one of the nearby colleges with hopes to maybe one day open my own design business. Speaking of which, Anna and Maeve, I have a business proposition for you both. We can discuss the details at Thanksgiving ;) Spoiler alert! Yes, it involves you moving to amazing Portland Oregon.
On Sunday we decided to rip out the grass we put in the backyard and replace it with gravel. I guess we just couldn’t get away from that beautiful Arizona landscaping. We drove my truck to the dump where they wanted to charge us $60 to take it off our hands. We said F that and dumped it at a construction site a block from our house. I don’t think the neighbors appreciated it, but we just wanted to do hood rat stuff with our friends.
As I write this, I’m sipping on the beer we recently brewed. It turned out really good, hoppy, dark and strong at about 9% ABV. Well that’s what’s going on up here. We miss all of you and can’t wait for Thanksgiving.
P.S .
Paula is visiting us next weekend. If you know what’s good for you, you better follow suit.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Your life sounds amazing! I love hearing about your awesome adventures!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for knowing what you like, and thinking of going back to design... The only thing I think would help is if you fix that plan, and include me! I just got a new car... and it's a 4 wheel drive... maybe that can come in handy for camping trips and stuff! :)
Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you next month!!!