May 2011
Hi everyone! May is coming to an end and Sean and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary! This year just blew by! May has been a great month here! Anna came up the first week in May and we had a blast! Sean and I were able to take some time off while she was here, so it was a vacation for us too!! We picked Anna up in Seattle and the party started! Hikes, shopping, eating, drinking,wine tasting and sight seeing ensued! It was so much fun to have here, like old times :)
The farmers markets are in full force again, so Sean and I hit them up every weekend. We are still waiting for a sustained break in the rain. We get about one nice day a week, which is great. Unfortunately, summer doesn't really start here until July!! Oh well! The Columbia River is at flood stages from the extra rain (thanks La Nina!), which is weird for us, seeing as that the only river we are used to is the Rillito :)
Some updates for us....
1.) I passed by boards!!!!Yay!!! Its official! Elise, C.C.P. !!! I actually found out while I was at work in the ICU sitting with one of our ECMO patients. The letter came in the mail and I had Sean open it and give me the news! My poor husband must have been really nervous! I didn't just pass either, I got a 90%!!!
2.) Sean is still building his new "all grain" brewing system. I got him a gift card to our local home brew shop and he is in the process of upgrading his equipment. We are really excited about brewing with this new system when it's complete!
3.) Sean is riding to work a couple days a week now that the weather is somewhat nicer! Its a 50 mile round trip everyday and he is getting in shape really fast! He's so green!!!
4.) Our poor little Jake has been battling allergies up here since January. I have tried everything from switching his food, to taking out any grains in his diet, to giving him a daily fish oil and allergy pill. Nothing seemed to work that well because I haven't been able to pinpoint his allergy....until now. What's Jake allergic too? GRASS! Really? Grass? Yep. You could imagine how this would be a problem up here! So after EVERY outing at the dog park, hike in the Sandy River Delta or romp in the park, I have to give him a bath! So I have the cleanest, least shedding dog in the world. He now gets bathed 4 times a week and no longer breaks out in hives! I took him off most of the meds we have been giving him, which is great. The bathing? Not so much, for any of you that have golden's you know what a task this is! Jake is great about it though, after our fun times he runs up to our bathroom and walks in the shower. Such a good boy. I am just happy we found out what the problem is. He is no longer a itchy, swollen, hot spot ridden dog :)
Well, that's it for now! Love and Miss you all!
The farmers markets are in full force again, so Sean and I hit them up every weekend. We are still waiting for a sustained break in the rain. We get about one nice day a week, which is great. Unfortunately, summer doesn't really start here until July!! Oh well! The Columbia River is at flood stages from the extra rain (thanks La Nina!), which is weird for us, seeing as that the only river we are used to is the Rillito :)
Some updates for us....
1.) I passed by boards!!!!Yay!!! Its official! Elise, C.C.P. !!! I actually found out while I was at work in the ICU sitting with one of our ECMO patients. The letter came in the mail and I had Sean open it and give me the news! My poor husband must have been really nervous! I didn't just pass either, I got a 90%!!!
2.) Sean is still building his new "all grain" brewing system. I got him a gift card to our local home brew shop and he is in the process of upgrading his equipment. We are really excited about brewing with this new system when it's complete!
3.) Sean is riding to work a couple days a week now that the weather is somewhat nicer! Its a 50 mile round trip everyday and he is getting in shape really fast! He's so green!!!
4.) Our poor little Jake has been battling allergies up here since January. I have tried everything from switching his food, to taking out any grains in his diet, to giving him a daily fish oil and allergy pill. Nothing seemed to work that well because I haven't been able to pinpoint his allergy....until now. What's Jake allergic too? GRASS! Really? Grass? Yep. You could imagine how this would be a problem up here! So after EVERY outing at the dog park, hike in the Sandy River Delta or romp in the park, I have to give him a bath! So I have the cleanest, least shedding dog in the world. He now gets bathed 4 times a week and no longer breaks out in hives! I took him off most of the meds we have been giving him, which is great. The bathing? Not so much, for any of you that have golden's you know what a task this is! Jake is great about it though, after our fun times he runs up to our bathroom and walks in the shower. Such a good boy. I am just happy we found out what the problem is. He is no longer a itchy, swollen, hot spot ridden dog :)
Well, that's it for now! Love and Miss you all!





Comments
Post a Comment