1. He is a wild child! I love his enthusiasm, he definitely has "amps" as my Dad would say!
2. Griffin loves to read books, and by read I mean look at the pictures and point to the animals. His favorite books are the First Words books that have pictures of things, Where is Spot, and the plastic waterproof books that you can chew on and take in the bath.
 |
| My little reader! |
3. He is a very vocal kiddo! About a month ago I started trying to teach him baby sign language, but I found out pretty quickly that he would just say the word I was trying to teach him in sign language. We started with "all done", mainly because I wanted him to know when he would be "all done" with his least favorite things (like diaper changes). He picked that up really quick and now lets me know when he is all done with his meal or with things like lugging him around on errands. Other words that he says and understands are: doggie, bird, outside, more, mmmmmm, Mom, Dad, car and kitty. It is really cool to be able to communicate with him now!
 |
| Griffin saying "all done" with getting his PJ's on at bedtime. |
4. Griffin thinks that diaper changes and getting his clothes on are cruel and unusual forms of baby torture. Once he learned to crawl he didn't want to sit still for anything, I now dread the diaper change and he gets to practice how loud he can cry...good times :)
 |
| Who? Me? Don't believe a word my Mommy says! I'm an angel! |
5. He is a fish! We took him to the pool where Sean and I met for the first time, he LOVED it! It has a zero depth entry, which is kind of like walking into the water on a beach. Griffin loved to crawl around in the shallow area, splash in the water features and swim with his Mommy and Daddy. We took him into a deeper area and he starting kicking his legs and doing the doggie paddle with his arms. I think he was born to swim.
 |
| Swimming at the YMCA for the first time! |
6. He puts everything in his mouth! On a given day I will probably pull 10 things out of his mouth, I don't even know where he finds half of it! So far I have pulled a penny, numerous rocks and pebbles, a bobby pin, lots of leaves, plastic, paper, hair ties, a screw, dog food....the list goes on and on. I am happy that he has such a great pincher grasp but it sure does keep me on my toes. Its funny though because he knows that he shouldn't be doing it because sometimes I will see him put something in his mouth, smile at me and take off crawling trying to get away from the inevitable finger sweep.
 |
| Mmmmm..bath toys are tasty! |
7. He took his first steps! Around Mother's Day we were in San Francisco for Kara's law school graduation where we all rented a house to stay in for the long weekend. It was a cool SF style house (think Full House), anyway he took his first steps there and hasn't looked back since then! He is getting way to brave but it is really sweet to see the look on his face when he does it, he is so proud! I am not sure how far he is from walking but for now I am enjoying watching his Frankenstein-like stiff little legs toddling around the furniture.
 |
| Griff likes to use his tricycle as a walker |
8. He loves his dogs, I am so happy he gets to grow up with our pups. Sometimes they bark while he is sleeping or Griff takes a Jake-tail to the face but all in all it has been great to have them. I think my favorite thing about it all is the smiles he has for them both. It has been a learning process with Leo because Griffin can be a little rough, but at a least Jake doesn't mind. In fact, I think Griffin see's Jake as his own personal jungle gym and all purpose object to use to stand up!
 |
| Puppy love! |
9. He loves Babytime at our local library. We learn new songs to sing and he gets to see all the big kids walk around him. He is fascinated with a little boy a couple months older then him .Griffin likes to crawl around after him, but never quite catches up! I now have a very long list of songs to sing him in the car when he gets cranky!
 |
| At the library! |
10. He is so sweet! Every now and then he crawls into my lap or steps into my arms and gives me a hug or a kiss. I cherish those little snuggles and love, they always make my day! He is so mobile now that it doesn't happen very often that he actually slows down enough to cuddle! I always feel lucky when he actually lets me love him up!
 |
| Anna gets a kiss! |
Comments
Post a Comment