11 things about our 11 month old

1. His absolute favorite song is "England" by The National. Sean and I love their music and play it quiet a bit in the car. I used to sing Griffin that song when he was little while I was putting his PJ's on at night because he would calm down and not cry. If he is crying in the car we put it on and presto, the crying stops! I have to say that I am very impressed with his taste in music :)

2. He loves babies! Real babies, pictures of babies, baby animals...you name it! It so sweet because whenever he see's one he points and gets really excited and then in what Sean and I call his "angel voice" says oh so sweetly.."Baby"!

3. He has 8 teeth and what I think is a molar on the way. I can't believe he went 9 months with no teeth and then got 8 teeth in 8 weeks. Poor guy! His toothy grin is adorable though!

That's his "holding his spit in face"

4. Griffin helps me clean up during the day! His favorite chore is putting his dirty diaper in the diaper pail. He also takes his clean diapers out of the organizer and puts those in too :)


5. Houston, we have a walker! Griffin walks more then crawls now. He is still unsteady but on his way to becoming a full blown walker. He does great indoors with bare feet but has a little trouble when I put his soft shoes on outdoors. He is still learning and doing great :)


6. He is an expert bird watcher. It's one of our favorite afternoon activities. We use our soft voices so we don't scare them away, it's pretty cute to hear him whisper "birdie!".

"Birdie!"

7. He loves his Daddy! Duh right? In all seriousness, he always sends his Dad off to work with some serious loves and always has the biggest smile for him when he walks in the door at night. Total admiration! Me? Well, he calls me "Mama-Baba" so...yeah :)


8.  Griffin has become quite the communicator!  It is really fun to read him books because that seems to be the place where he learns his new words, animals seem to be his favorite words to pick up.  He also started doing the "more" sign this last weekend.  We have been working on this for weeks and he finally did it!  Sean made him french toast last Saturday morning for breakfast and asked Griffin if he wanted more, and he did the sign. If I had only known that French toast was key :) We will have to remember that when Griffin is ready to potty train!

9. His new favorite food is cheese. I'm so proud!

Sneak attack!

10. His new favorite book is Go! Dog Go!. That was also one of Gabe's favorite books when he was little. In fact, Gabe picked out all of his favorite books and gave them to Griffin for our baby shower :) What a great idea and one thoughtful cousin. I hope that we can raise Griffin to be a thoughtful young man like Gabe!

11. He is becoming a toddler right before my eyes! Sigh....our baby days are numbered! I am so proud of our sweet little guy, I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!


Having fun at the Children's Museum




Comments

Popular Posts