12 things about our 12 month old

1.  Griff is a big time talker, it makes people do a double take and takes them by surprise.  Sean and I were at urgent care yesterday for Griffin (high fever = concerned parents) and when the doctor came in Griffin said "hi!".  He literally took a step back, later he asked the doctor to pick him "up" and then said he was "all done".  The doc told us that Griffin was very precocious, I would have to agree.   It's funny to see the reaction he can get, it usually is followed by " he is too young to say that!".  His new thing this week is telling me "no", yep we are in trouble!

Channeling his cousin Gabe
2. He is a social butterfly.  I would have never described Griffin as a super friendly smiley baby but he has recently blossomed into a very social little guy.  It is sweet to see him so enthusiastically say hi and wave to people.  It makes me melt.

3.  Griffin loves monkeys, doggies, birds and cats.  It's so cute to hear him say "monkey" and then cuddle his big stuffed monkey from Grandma Linda.  He has also recently learned to make doggie noises like barking and meow like a cat.

Dirt on his face!
4.  He loves to play hide and seek around the house.  It's so fun!  He shrieks with joy when I find him and chase him down to plant hundreds of kisses all over him.  Love it!

5.  Griffin loves his aunties!!! We recently spent a week with Ally while on vacation in Key West and he followed her around everywhere saying " Ally! Ally!".  It sounded more like "Aiyeee! Aiyeeee!" Or "Aaageeee" and it was adorable.  Loves her!  Auntie Alysha always gets the best kisses from Griffin, way better and more enthusiastic than he gives most other people.  His Auntie Kara gets to spend some time with him next week, I can't wait to see what he does with her!
Auntie time on the plane ride
Auntie Ally giving Griff a bath

6.  He is getting pretty fast on two feet!  Last week he started kind of running.  Mommy better step up her game because if you look away even for a second he's gone!

Big boy shoes!
7.  He is rediscovering his toys.  It's pretty fun to watch him actually figure out how to play with some of the more complex games on his toys.  He is getting pretty good at his sorting toys and now "drives" his car on the ground.  I love to watch his imaginative play.

He loves this car tower that my friend Stephanie got him for his birthday..he puts everything down the tracks!

8.  Griff is learning about the body like where his nose and eyes are on his face. He also has the doggie noses and eyes figured out (poor Jake!).  He is working on his belly button at the moment.  
He has learned that hats go on your head...even diaper hats!  
9.  I am attempting to make him aware of his bodily functions.  He has figured out poop because if I say poop he starts to bear down and grunt.  I am trying to give him some diaper free time to teach him about "pee pee".  He seems to pick it up quick and I figured it would be a good idea to help him learn to be aware of what he was doing.  Not trying to potty train yet, that would be crazy!  More like helping him understand what's going on so when he is ready it will make sense for him.  I'm going to buy him a little potty chair for the bathroom to sit him on while we do our business to help with the association.  I just have a feeling he could do it sooner than later because he is so awesome at communicating with us.  I will take his lead though!
No shirt, no shoes...no problem!

10.  We want through a pretty rough patch from about a week before his birthday to two weeks after.  He had a major wonder weeks event and was literally miserable for 3 weeks.  Super fussy, clingy, not napping, huge tantrums..etc.  His brain was really growing and working overtime!  Then last week he finished his mental growth an woke up a new baby.  The Wonder Weeks have been right on for Griffin, that was probably the single most informative book I have read on babies and parenting.  Those doctors have it figured out!  He literally woke up last week and gained so many verbal, physical and reasoning skills.  It's amazing how a baby's brain works and grows!

Three weeks of this!
11.  He's a part time daycare baby and so far it's been so-so.  After about a week he smarted up to the whole thing and hates getting dropped off, he screams and clings to us when we try to put him down.  Worst way to start your work day!  I hate dropping him off but love to pick him up, when he sees me he goes "oooohhh! Mom Mom Mom!".  When I get him in my arms he holds on tight and then turns and waves to his teacher and says "bye!bye!bye!".  Hopefully it will get easier!  The major downside is that he got sick 3 times in 3 weeks at daycare. Ugh!

Don't mess with us, especially when we are sick!
12.  Griff loves to explore the desert at my Mom's house.  I love walking around with him while he picks up rocks and sticks.  He usually tries to eat the dirt so we are still working on that!  He loves to watch the lizards scurry and the bunnies hop away.  It's fun and very fulfilling to watch him enjoy the desert. 

Desert boy.
 This will be the last of these type of posts!  I am going to print these out for Griff's baby book :).



Key West fun with Daddy.




Lounging in the airport after we tried to tucker him out!



Children's Museum Fun 



Comments

Popular Posts