Look who's talking!
Griffin turned 15 months last weekend and is becoming such a big boy! In the last week he has had a real language explosion. He not only learning a couple new words each day but has begun to add phrases too! His first was "That's a zebra!" in response to an animal sewn on his towel and the next day asked his grandma Paula to "read a book". It's so much fun to listen to what he has to say these days! A couple nights ago Sean was giving him a bath and having fun being goofy with Griff. Apparently he was being too loud because Griffin "shushed" him! Then yesterday I was outside with him searching for bunnies and I told him we had to be very quiet. He looked up at me and brought his finger to his lips and said "shush!". So funny!! I love it!
He is such a sweet and fun little guy! We just love him to pieces!
Griffin figured out how to climb up on his tricycle last week. Unfortunately his legs don't quite reach the pedals so Sean or I end up pushing him around the house. I can't wait to see his face the day he will able to do it on his own!
He has also been very interested in his baby things like his swing, infant car seat and toys. He always wants to climb in his swing and go "wee" or sits in his carseat. I read that toddlers his age can regress in areas because as they continue to develop, their world around them becomes a little scary. His baby things bring him comfort so he often turns to them. I guess he is starting to move out of the "ignorance is bliss" phase. I have been trying to give even more hugs and snuggles lately as he adjusts to the big wide world!
I am still nursing Griffin once or twice a day. I am planing on weaning him after 18 months because he will be done at that point with his last wonder week (thank god!). He gets super clingy during his wonder weeks and takes great comfort in nursing so I will get him through this last one! I am so thankful that we have had such an easy time with nursing and I will miss it when we are done!
We put Griffin to bed with a sippy of warm milk now, which has been wonderful. Sean has taken over the putting to bed duties and absolutely loves it. I wish we had done it sooner only because its such a wonderful time at the end of the day for the two of them. Warm milk and Daddy snuggles send Griff off to sleep and fill up Sean's heart with lots of love!
We do have good news about our house! The inspection was somewhat eventful but the seller is taking care off all our requests! Next up is appraisal and hopefully closing November 30th! Yay!
That's it for now :)



Comments
Post a Comment