I just got home from work, we finished up early today so I actually had a little time all to myself! I can't pick Griffin up from daycare until about 3 pm because he is taking his afternoon nap until that time. This happens maybe once a week and up until this point my extra time has been spent on the house, unpacking, cleaning...but almost all of that stuff is done so I actually have time to do a blog update! The other exciting thing is that I actually get to write this on my computer! For the past year they have all been done on my phone but now that we are unpacked I can actually take pictures off my camera! Yay! Exciting stuff :)
So, where did we leave off? We had closed on our house and hired a contractor to help with the renovations. Life was crazy and Sean and I were stressed to the MAX! I am happy to say that life is still crazy, but our stress levels are slowly returning to normal and we are finally moved into our house! The past three months were spent planning, stressing, buying, commuting, getting sick, painting, learning how to put up wainscoting...more stressing, getting sick again, cleaning and eating WAY to much pizza from Time Market. We absolutely could not have done it without our family and friends, and we are beyond thankful for each of you that helped in your own way! So here are the before and after pics....
Front of the house:
Parlor
Before
After
 |
| Drywall over the wood paneling, added wainscot and repainted |
 |
| Added a soffit and room dividers |
Dining Room
Before
After
 |
| Drywall over the paneling, added new lighting, paint.. |
Kitchen
Before
After
 |
| Repainted walls, added recessed lighting on the bar, added crown molding |
Bathroom
Before
After
 |
| Completely gutted! New floors, tile in the bath, repaired drywall, repainted cabniets |
Before
After
 |
| New tile on vanity, lighting, added hardware to cabinets |
 |
| Repainted walls, added wainscot |
Living Room
Before
After
 |
| New paint, new wood floors, baseboards, lighting |
Office (no before pic, sorry :)
 |
| New floors, trim, lighting and paint |
Griff's room
Before
After
 |
| New paint, carpet, trim and lighting |
Guest room
Before
After
 |
| New carpet, paint, trim, lighting |
Before
After
Master
Before
After
 |
| Repainted existing wainscot, new lighting and wall paint |
 |
| This is truly a BEDroom...that's all that fits :) |
Now we get to do more decorating! We are having a good time making this house our own! Our next large project will be to landscape and put a fence up in the front of the house. That will take a little time and saving before it happens, but I can't wait!
We are beginning to fall into our own little routine here, which is awesome. One of the best parts of living in this area is it's proximity to everything. When Sean gets home from work we eat dinner and then go for a walk with Griffin and the dogs. Sometimes we go up to the U of A campus and sometimes we just bum around 4th ave, but its so nice to feel a sense of community. Our neighbors are all really friendly and have really welcomed us to the block. Griffin and I go to the park on my days off, or we hop in the car and go to the museums around us, he absolutely loves his new house! I definitely miss my Mom though, we got a lot of quality time together while we stayed with her and I got used to seeing her so much, so that has been a bit of a transition! We are still settling in and still have work to do, but life seems to be slowing down a little, which is great.
We celebrated Sean's 30th yesterday. I can't believe we started dating 10 years ago...life goes way to fast! It was a fun celebration of a kind, loving, funny, wicked smart, hard working, and truly wonderful man!
 |
| This guy! |
 |
| Matching shirts |
 |
| He got to celebrate with friends and fam! |
 |
| Griffin and practiced singing "Happy Birthday" to Sean all week! |
That's all for now!
Comments
Post a Comment