Toddler Translation

"Mom, turn on the AC! Its hot in here".  This is what Griff asked me today when I picked him up from daycare.  Its so crazy how he went from saying his first word (doggy) ten months ago, to speaking full on sentences with such thought and purpose.  Sometimes the things he says make me laugh out loud and sometimes they make me melt, and honestly sometimes I still have no idea what he is saying.  I wanted to put together a little list of some of his favorite phrases before I forget, but I also have to provide a translation to what he really means. Here are a couple....

  • Momma, help you? 
    • Translation = Help me!
  • How's it goes?
    • Translation =How does it work?
  • I no like it!
    • Translation =I don't like it!
  • You're welcome!
    • Translation =Thank you!
  • Its slippily!
    • Translation = Its slippery!
  • Rocka my baby?
    • Rock a bye baby?
His teachers at daycare are always telling me how he will surprises them with his language.  The other day his teacher Anna told me that when she got to his classroom in the afternoon he ran up to her and said, "Hi Anna! How are you?".  She loved it, and so do I when he asks me or Sean the same thing.  Its really sweet :)  Just to brag, because I feel like that's OK with you guys, he can say his ABC's, count to ten in English and Spanish and knows most of his colors and some of his letters.  Now, if only he could walk without falling down!  Sometimes I wonder if his brain is working so hard on everything else it forgets how to walk!  I think he's going through a growth spurt too because he is eating us out of house and home! Fun stuff over here at the Schoonmaker household! 



Our little goof ball!

Comments

Popular Posts