Hey Baby!

We had our 20 week ultrasound today, baby is measuring right on schedule and everything looks great!  I always breath a sigh of relief after this ultrasound because its the big one where they count everything from the fingers to the toes...to the lenses in the eyeball!  Modern medicine and ultrasound are completely amazing!  The tech knew I worked in heart surgery so she had fun showing me all the anatomy of the heart and aorta, it was really neat.  Baby was a little uncooperative with some of the views so I have to go back in a little bit for more imaging of the spine. Sean and I both agreed that this little one was already being a stinker :)   We had to look away from the screen quiet a bit because we are not finding out the sex of the baby.  No team blue or pink for us, instead we are team green!  Its going to be an awesome surprise for us come delivery day and in the meantime we are having fun with our own predictions.  Just for the record, Griffin thinks its a boy :)  Here is a picture of the baby, you can see it's mouth open because it was yawning.  Sleepy little baby! 


I don't feel much movement during the day but at night its a free for all....maybe a sign of things to come.  I hope not!  I told Sean a couple weeks ago that I thought I had another anterior placenta and sure enough I do (I did with Griffin).  It just makes it much harder to feel movement because the baby has to kick hard enough, past the placenta and past the abdominal muscles and fat to actually make me feel much.  That will change as the baby gets bigger but for now I just settle for the low kicks to my bladder.  Either way its always the best thing about being pregnant to me!  

Comments

Popular Posts