The time tunnel is approaching!

All aboard! One of Griff's favorite shows is Dinosaur Train, its a PBS cartoon that combines dinosaurs with trains...freaking brilliant.  During each show they usually board the dinosaur train and go through the "time tunnel" to a different time period and learn all about dinosaurs.  I feel like we are also approaching our own time tunnel, one that is going to catapult us into the future!  I'm due in less then 5 weeks and the holidays are approaching.  Life is about to get CRAZY!  My to do list seems to be getting larger instead of smaller and the space in my brain at night is getting smaller and smaller to the point where I usually just fall asleep around 8.  Its not just me either, Sean and I usually peel ourselves off the couch sometime around nine wondering where the day went.

In all honestly though, life is good.  We are pooped at the end of the day because of the good things in life, waking up early to make pancakes for a very insistent 2 year old, getting out the door, working hard at our jobs, running after the sweet and crazy two year old boy, making a family dinner at night and with the leftover energy..talking about our upcoming arrival while watching my belly get pushed, kicked and elbowed.  Other then the excitement of number two we have some other good news!  Sean got a new job! Yay! I am thankful for his previous job, it got us back to AZ and helped us buy a house. but it was a never-ending and thankless position for Sean.  His hard work paid off and he landed a job as a project engineer for a company called Solid Concepts.  They are a 3-D printing and rapid prototyping company based out of CA that has a small office here in Tucson.  His job is to quote projects for customers and then take those projects to completion through scheduling and manufacturing.  So far he loves it!  They flew him out to CA for a week of training and then set him loose.  Its been a great quality of life upgrade for him and our family and even though he's still working hard, he comes home with a smile on his face because he loves what he does.  The same week he started his new job I started mine as well.  I am still with the same company, however I am in a different rotating position.  Without going into too much detail it means that I will have way more time off! I work a five week rotation and out of those five weeks I get two completely off!  I had to train up with the rest of the hospitals and surgeons which was a little stressful but I am excited about the future.  I'm job sharing with another perfusionist which means he will cover my maternity leave.  I won't get as much leave as I did with Griffin, but I am also not working as much so I think it will balance out.  My mom has been instrumental in helping our family through both of our work transitions (all during her own job transition as well!), she stayed with me while Sean was gone to help me get Griff to daycare on my early case mornings or pick him up if I was running late.  She is such an incredible lady and I felt really lucky to get to spend such quality time with her, it was awesome. 

So back to the to do list...we are pretty much ready for baby #2, I just need to fill my freezer with more ready to eat meals, install the car seat bases in the car and pack a bag for the hospital.  Sean and I are going to a labor and delivery tour this weekend at the hospital and will probably review a little stuff for the actual delivery.  My "birth plan" this time around? Epidural if I have time, hopefully a little skin to skin time after delivery if baby is doing well and lastly I want Sean to be able to announce the sex of the baby.  Other then that, I don't really care how it happens, I just want a safe delivery.  The baby is growing great and is measuring perfectly on track, I am hoping that I don't go too early this time around and it looks like I will be right on time.  I was worried about being in the hospital on Christmas because its so close to my due date.  I didn't want Griffin to spend one of the first Christmas's that he will remember in the hospital and then I remembered....wait...he's two.  He has absolutely no concept of dates or time.  Christmas could happen tomorrow and he would be thrilled.  So, baby will come when baby is ready to come and Christmas will happen when it's meant to happen!
Climbing the tree at the park!

Comments

Popular Posts