Dear Graham,
Dear Graham,
Today you are 12 weeks old and full of smiles, laughter and wonderment. I love how much you love to snuggle, how your big brother makes you smile when he sings you his ABC's and how truly perfect you are to us. Last night while your Dad was putting your big brother to bed you and I sneaked in some one on one time. I held you in my arms and you stared up at me, just studying my face occasionally breaking out into one of your spectacular smiles or a giggle while you cooed and gurgled back at my baby talk. You are the happiest little person. The smiles you give are so genuine, the giggles are so sweet and you truly enjoy the people (and dogs) in your life. You just discovered that the hands you had been chewing on for the last couple weeks do more then just bring you comfort. I constantly catch you staring intently at your hands, slowly turning them over or reaching for something you want. You are quickly mastering the ability to reach out and grab a toy hanging above you and have also learned you can place things in your mouth. Right now your favorite song is "You are my Sunshine" and you giggle when Mommy says "Ah-goo!".
Today on our ride home from picking your big brother up from school he said to me "I'm glad to see Graham" and that he "was sad to miss you". He told me this over and over again until we got home, it was spontaneous and genuine and my heart doubled in size. Griffin loves you so much, and not in the way that big brothers are supposed to love their little brothers. He truly loves you, I know this because when he thinks I'm not watching he comforts you with a kiss or a hug, brings you his favorite toy or sings you his favorite song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He's fiercely protective of you, after all you're "his" baby and loves to show you off to his friends at school. I can certainly wait for you to grow, in fact if I could stop time to take a breath and soak all of this in I would, but I look forward to the day when you can run and chase and play together.
You have grown like a weed, your 3 month old clothes don't fit and it seems that even your 6 month clothes won't last long. Your chubby cheeks and thighs rolls make you even cuter and I cannot believe how strong you are, even your doctor was impressed. The infant bathtub we use every night seems to be shrinking and your bassinet is getting smaller by the day, all signs of a healthy little baby and I couldn't be happier with your growth. You are a special little boy, you have already shown your Daddy and I how different it can be the second time around with a whole different set of triumphs and challenges. One sure thing is that you have found your place in this family and its right where it should be, in our hearts. We love you very much and look forward to what lies ahead...the good, the hard and the best.
Love,
Mommy
Today you are 12 weeks old and full of smiles, laughter and wonderment. I love how much you love to snuggle, how your big brother makes you smile when he sings you his ABC's and how truly perfect you are to us. Last night while your Dad was putting your big brother to bed you and I sneaked in some one on one time. I held you in my arms and you stared up at me, just studying my face occasionally breaking out into one of your spectacular smiles or a giggle while you cooed and gurgled back at my baby talk. You are the happiest little person. The smiles you give are so genuine, the giggles are so sweet and you truly enjoy the people (and dogs) in your life. You just discovered that the hands you had been chewing on for the last couple weeks do more then just bring you comfort. I constantly catch you staring intently at your hands, slowly turning them over or reaching for something you want. You are quickly mastering the ability to reach out and grab a toy hanging above you and have also learned you can place things in your mouth. Right now your favorite song is "You are my Sunshine" and you giggle when Mommy says "Ah-goo!".
Today on our ride home from picking your big brother up from school he said to me "I'm glad to see Graham" and that he "was sad to miss you". He told me this over and over again until we got home, it was spontaneous and genuine and my heart doubled in size. Griffin loves you so much, and not in the way that big brothers are supposed to love their little brothers. He truly loves you, I know this because when he thinks I'm not watching he comforts you with a kiss or a hug, brings you his favorite toy or sings you his favorite song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He's fiercely protective of you, after all you're "his" baby and loves to show you off to his friends at school. I can certainly wait for you to grow, in fact if I could stop time to take a breath and soak all of this in I would, but I look forward to the day when you can run and chase and play together.
You have grown like a weed, your 3 month old clothes don't fit and it seems that even your 6 month clothes won't last long. Your chubby cheeks and thighs rolls make you even cuter and I cannot believe how strong you are, even your doctor was impressed. The infant bathtub we use every night seems to be shrinking and your bassinet is getting smaller by the day, all signs of a healthy little baby and I couldn't be happier with your growth. You are a special little boy, you have already shown your Daddy and I how different it can be the second time around with a whole different set of triumphs and challenges. One sure thing is that you have found your place in this family and its right where it should be, in our hearts. We love you very much and look forward to what lies ahead...the good, the hard and the best.
Love,
Mommy
Comments
Post a Comment