Spring Happenings

Life has been busy lately, but good busy.  The kind of busy that makes your heart full but still leaves some gas in your tank.  In February, over Rodeo break we had our good friends The Nelsons fly out for a visit.  We hadn't seen them since Griff was two and Graham still lived in my belly so it was long overdue!  Our tiny house felt a bit smaller but the kids had lots of fun and we had fun catching up! Griffin and Nora are so close in age and so are Graham and Jack so Carrisa and I always enjoyed being pregnant together. They moved to Provo, Utah last year so hopefully we will get a chance to visit them in the fall!

Jack, Eric and Carrisa at Five Points for breakfast


Had to get a picture next to the new Tucson mural
The kiddos enjoying Griffin's rock collection
..watching Moana



Nora and Graham relaxing
Had to get a picture with both our families
Dinner the first night
Griff still being goofy!

Other then visitors, I came down with what I only can assume was the flu.  Oh my god I haven't been that sick in my entire life.  I got the flu shot, but I guess it didn't take...no fun.  It took my a good two weeks to recover.  Sean held down the fort like a champ and we are all healthy now, so I'm so thankful for that!  We have been enjoying the spring weather and just planted our first garden.  This has been something that I have wanted to do since we moved in, so I was pretty excited.  I found some good looking planter boxes on YouTube and showed them to Sean.  He said, "I can build those!"and he did.  

Hard at work
Graham helped too

Action shot!

I love this picture, Griffin loves to help his  Dad
Loves his trucks and being outside
I wanted a no-worry garden so we installed some irrigation to both beds. plus we really LOVE digging ditches :)

I wanted raised beds so I didn't have to hurt by back and so the kids and dogs wouldn't completely ruin them...but that meant a whole lotta soil to add so we had some delivered and in true fashion the kids loved playing in the black dirt pile.  They got so dirty, so so so dirty.


Yep.

This.
...and This.

But, it turned out incredible and I'm giddy with excitement over all the veggies and herbs we planted!


So excited!!

Two weeks later...the tomatoes  have literally taken off!


I told Sean he basically just made my dream come true with the planters.  Although I did have to work a little for it, ditch digging and shoveling two cubic yards of soil.  Teamwork!

Other then gardening and playing outside, the boys started swim lessons last week.  I would love for Griffin to be completely "safe" this summer.  He could swim last summer but I want that kid to be able to swim to the side from the middle of a huge pool!  I put Graham in parent-child lessons.  He has fun for about 5 minutes then freezes to death because he has like 2% body fat.  Griff is doing amazing..he just learned the backstroke.  I love watching him swim, he's so happy and free.

Loves to build
...and be silly

The boys are really playing together more and more...which usually leads to a fight but they sure to love each other.  In fact, Graham has become fiercely protective of Griffin.  It's pretty sweet.  The other day at the park Griffin was playing with another boy and his father.  The dad was pretending to "get" the kids and even though Griffin was laughing and running Graham didn't like it one bit.  He starting yelling at the dad, "stop it!  That's my brother!" and "Griffin, come here!", and when he did, Graham wrapped his arms around his brother and gave the dad the meanest face I've ever seen him make.  Or yesterday we were walking in the neighborhood and stopped to talk to a neighbor.  She said goodbye to Griffin, "Good bye son!", Graham starting yelling, "He's not a son, he's Griffin.  He's MY BIG BROTHER!", then as if to land the sickest burn of all time on this lady he called her a "peanut butter and jelly".  So they have a wonderful bond and I constantly catch Griffin giving Graham a hug or a kiss and I love it.  After all, it makes up for all the other unpleasant times.



Silly "babies"


Don't even think about messing with his big brother
Leo photobomb
Not entirely sure what I'm going to do with him


My sensitive kiddo, loves to nurture...

...but also punch


 We had Graham's spring conference with his teachers.  They were impressed with his ability to communicate complex emotions and he's on par with the older almost three year olds in his class.  He's doing great, he gets frustrate often with not being able to keep up with Griffin and he wears his heart on his sleeve, but oh my god I love him so much.


Graham and his beloved Lion.

Eggees!
 And Griffin, he's become such an artist.  He brings home these elaborate drawings and sometimes doesn't even go outside to play before lunch.  Instead he sits and their drawing table to finish his artwork, which is a departure from his usual routine.  He's also taken a HUGE interest in reading and writing lately, which is a relief!  All in all I have been so impressed with his generosity and caring attitude at home.  Lately he wants to do chores and help with dinner and I love it.  He's growing into such a great kid, we are so proud of him!



To round it all out, Sean is riding his bike and getting in great shape.  He's starting a night mountain bike ride to Starr Pass with his buddies.  They ride from our house to the trail then back for beers at a restaurant near our house.  He's dubbed the ride, "Downtown to Sundown".  I love it!  He also converted his mountain bike to a new gear ratio (Sorry love- I still don't understand the specifics) and he loves it,  I've been working out regularly and we have both been eating healthier.  It's been nice to do it together, especially cutting back on our wine and beer intake. All in all, things are good.  Oh- and before I forget, we registered Griffin for kindergarten.  How is that possible? Time flies!




Comments

Popular Posts