A little over a week ago Griff had his preschool graduation from Desert Spring. It was so sweet and embodied the children and their spirits perfectly. It wasn't overdone, just a small quick gathering of the kiddos and parents, they had a slide show going while we waited for the kids to come out. His class sang three songs that they learned over their time there with Mr. Bruce (the weekly music teacher) and then they called up each individual child and read aloud some of the things that their classmates said about them. It was such a sweet moment, especially the things they had to say about each other. Here are some of the things that Griff's buddies said about him:
"He taught me how to climb the pole"
"He helps his friends when they are hurt"
"He is a good friend"
"He is good at tucking things away"
After the graduation the school had a party at the splash pad and the kids got to run around like crazies, it was a really nice night!
 |
| Singing! |
 |
| Graduates! |
 |
| In his element |
 |
| With his buddy Archer, who is moving away :( |
I'm excited for Griff to go to kindergarten, he's ready for a new adventure! I'm also super excited we got into our first choice, Miles ELC. Its a really great school and it means we don't have to worry about where Graham will go because he gains automatic admission now that big bro will be attending! I'm also really happy Graham still has 3 years left at Desert Spring, I probably would be balling my eyes out if we had to leave there too. I can't say enough wonderful things about there school and I am so thankful that we have such a wonderful place to care and teach our kiddos while we work. That hasn't always been the case so I guess I just really appreciate what we have now :)
The kids have been doing swim lessons at the UofA Rec Center in the evenings, which has been lots of fun. Griffin is doing great, he's graduated out of preschool lessons into the big kid ones mostly because they don't offer another level higher for under 5 year olds. This next session he will be the youngest kiddo in his class but I think he'll be fine, he LOVES older kids. Graham is still in parent/tot lessons until he turns 3 so we get have had fun with him in the water. One of his buddies from school was in his class so they had a ton of fun, in fact they were the oldest two there and kinda caused a splash ruckus every lesson. I kind of felt bad for all the parents with babies....but not too bad!
Other then lessons Griff has been on a mission to master his skateboard. He's totally impressive if you ask me, and I am amazed as his determination. Skateboarding is HARD, ask the bruises on my legs from my attempts on his board, but he gets up when he falls and tries again until he gets it and for that I am proud!
Griff has also become my garden harvest buddy and sous chef at night. We watched the movie Ratatouille and now Griffin is obsessed with cooking. I absolutely love it!
 |
| Hes such a crazy but sweet kiddo |
 |
| Graham has taken an interest in cooking too |
 |
| Helping me with my cake! |
 |
| bro snuggles |
 |
| Helping Graham into the fridge... |
Sean told me yesterday that he was looking at Graham at dinner the other night and realized he's almost a little boy now, that he literally grew up overnight. It's weird how that happens and although I have a slightly fuzzier memory of these moments with Griffin I can remember clearly the ones I've had with Graham. I completely agree with him too, and so did his teachers. On Tuesday afternoon at preschool pick up his teacher pulled me aside to remark about what a wonderful day Graham had, and that he showed remarkable self control and communication with his peers. She was so proud of him and I know exactly what she meant because he had done the same with us all weekend. The more experience I get with this whole kids thing the more I realize I mark my children's growth and progression by these milestones, not so much how big they are but their ability to deal with life in general. I'm always happy and proud of them when they accomplish things like climbing, skateboarding and swimming but when they can navigate a social situation with ease or show compassion and empathy towards someone else, that's when my heart explodes and simultaneously sighs with relief.
One of my favorite things about Graham is his heart and the fact that he wears it on his sleeve. His motor runs a little slower then Griffs and because of that I feel like he really takes in the world around him, soaking up all the sights and sounds. His ability to read others and their emotions is incredible and he's the first to rush to hug or kiss Griffin if he is hurt or upset. I think he rubs off on Griffin because I have noticed Griffin reciprocating the kindness and love that Graham gives him! It's vise versa for Graham too, because Griff always has him playing some sort of pretend chasing game with him on the lawn. Two totally different kids but their strengths balance each other so well, who knew that was a thing?
I'm excited for summer, swimming, the beach, camping and spending some good time with the boys. We have a San Diego trip planned, camping on Mt. Lemmon for Griff's 5th bday and just lots and lots of pool time. I'll leave you with some pictures :)
 |
| Bedtime books |
 |
| Graham living his best life |
 |
| Spring Fling |
 |
| Swim lesson time! |
 |
| Swim lessons and friends from school |
 |
| Graham has to try it too! |
Comments
Post a Comment