Adventures in Mommyhood!
Being a Mom is awesome. I am still working on being an awesome Mom, but I guess that will come with time! The new joke in our house is all about "Mommy Points". I told Sean that I earn these everyday! For example, getting anything done around the house like dishes, laundry, vacuuming, blogging, phone calls, Dr. appointments, grocery shopping... earns me Mommy Points. Before our little guy these things were easy and happened on a daily basis, lately not so much! However, I can also lose Mommy Points too...for example I have not been strapping Griffin into his little newborn rocker because the kid doesn't squirm or move much, well at least he hadn't been! I ran upstairs for 10 seconds to get my phone and I come back to him halfway hanging out of it! Minus 5 Mommy Points! Sean asked me, "What do you get for all these Mommy points?" I thought about it and said "A Massage!". He just laughs at the whole thing but I plan on cashing in soon :)
I don't think any Momma would argue that it is such a gift to be a Mom and I also don't think any Momma would argue that its such a huge change in life! So here are my top five moments that made the realization that "I'm Really a Mommy Now!"
1) When you walk around all day with poop on your face and don't even know it! Yep, that happened! Sean came home from work a couple weeks ago and said, "you have poop on your face!", gets a wipe and cleans me up while we were both cracking up. Turns out that Griffin's poop's can be projectile and splatter poop on my face. The best part? Pretty sure it was there all day during my grocery shopping outing and all. Oh well!
2) You walk around with one of your boobs hanging out constantly. Breastfeeding a baby is hard work, especially during a growth spurt. Combine that with sleep deprivation and a general lack of modesty and what do you get? Unintentional boob flashes. Pretty sure my family and friends have now seen it all.
3) Baby talk. Big time baby talk. Being at home with a new baby and two dogs means I don't really use my adult tone of voice very often. Everything sounds like a song or an imitation of a character from finding Nemo (the whale being a favorite around here). But, Griffin loves it and its super fun! Sean and I are always making up silly songs to sing him, my two favorite thus far is "The Headboard Song" because Griffin loves looking at our headboard and Sean's "Shark Song" that he sings to Griffin during bath time. It involves Griffin being a shark and eating surfer's. Its fun to be silly :)
4) When you worry, constantly about your child. Is he growing like he should be? Is he healthy? Is he happy? Am I doing all the right things? Is he going to get a flat spot on his head? Is co sleeping with him going to be a problem later on? Is he hot/cold? I could go on and on....I worried about him constantly when he was growing inside of me and it only got worse :) I am trying to keep it to a minimum, and I know that once I stop worrying about one thing, something else will slide right in and replace it, but I think that's normal and I know it will never go away and that parents always worry about their kids whether they are 6 weeks, 16 years old (especially 16!) or 56...
5) The unconditional, break your heart, make you smile, make you cry, love that you have for your child. Its amazing. I can't believe he is ours. I also can't really put it into words. Just simply amazing.
| Minus 5 Mommy Points :) |
I don't think any Momma would argue that it is such a gift to be a Mom and I also don't think any Momma would argue that its such a huge change in life! So here are my top five moments that made the realization that "I'm Really a Mommy Now!"
1) When you walk around all day with poop on your face and don't even know it! Yep, that happened! Sean came home from work a couple weeks ago and said, "you have poop on your face!", gets a wipe and cleans me up while we were both cracking up. Turns out that Griffin's poop's can be projectile and splatter poop on my face. The best part? Pretty sure it was there all day during my grocery shopping outing and all. Oh well!
2) You walk around with one of your boobs hanging out constantly. Breastfeeding a baby is hard work, especially during a growth spurt. Combine that with sleep deprivation and a general lack of modesty and what do you get? Unintentional boob flashes. Pretty sure my family and friends have now seen it all.
3) Baby talk. Big time baby talk. Being at home with a new baby and two dogs means I don't really use my adult tone of voice very often. Everything sounds like a song or an imitation of a character from finding Nemo (the whale being a favorite around here). But, Griffin loves it and its super fun! Sean and I are always making up silly songs to sing him, my two favorite thus far is "The Headboard Song" because Griffin loves looking at our headboard and Sean's "Shark Song" that he sings to Griffin during bath time. It involves Griffin being a shark and eating surfer's. Its fun to be silly :)
4) When you worry, constantly about your child. Is he growing like he should be? Is he healthy? Is he happy? Am I doing all the right things? Is he going to get a flat spot on his head? Is co sleeping with him going to be a problem later on? Is he hot/cold? I could go on and on....I worried about him constantly when he was growing inside of me and it only got worse :) I am trying to keep it to a minimum, and I know that once I stop worrying about one thing, something else will slide right in and replace it, but I think that's normal and I know it will never go away and that parents always worry about their kids whether they are 6 weeks, 16 years old (especially 16!) or 56...
5) The unconditional, break your heart, make you smile, make you cry, love that you have for your child. Its amazing. I can't believe he is ours. I also can't really put it into words. Just simply amazing.
| 6 weeks |
| Love Him! |
Comments
Post a Comment