I found out late Wednesday night that I had to work on Thanksgiving, not ideal for our first holiday as a family! I was on call so I knew it might be a possibility but was crossing my fingers that we would have a quiet day! I was really looking forward to waking up slow and watching the parade with Sean and Griff in bed, but an emergent bypass case was added on so into work I went at 6 am. I was trying not to let that get me down, because if everything went well I still should be able to make dinner by 2 or 3. On my drive into work I started to think of all the things I was thankful for to put me in a good mood. It's a long list! My case went smooth and I was driving back home with enough time to change and hop in the car to go our our friend's parents house for Thanksgiving.
We spent the afternoon with our friends, Eric and Carissa and Eric's parents, Wendy and Bob. They cooked a wonderful dinner and we really enjoyed ourselves. Griffin got to play with Nora again and we relaxed and laughed a lot! Later, more friends joined the party and we got to meet another baby that is very close in age to Griffin and Nora, baby Leah. Babies were everywhere! It was nice though because I didn't worry as much if Griffin got fussy or I had to nurse him because everyone there was used to all of that fun stuff!
 |
| Me, Griff, Carissa and Nora |
 |
| They were very interested in each other! |
 |
| Friends! |
 |
| Leah, Griffin and Nora |
 |
| Griffin passed out! |
 |
| Too much turkey |
 |
| Eric and Carissa |
 |
Nora
|
It was a wonderful night and it reminds me of how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends up here. Sean and I both felt like we spent the holiday with family because they are all really good people :) I hope every one's Thanksgiving was wonderful and I hope you all know how thankful we are to have you in our lives!
Here is a little video of all of the babies!
Comments
Post a Comment