9 things about our 9 month old

1) He said his first word the other morning!  He pointed to Jake and said "doggie".  It was so cute!  Now when he sees them in the morning he squeals and says "doggie! doggie! doggie!".  It doesn't surprise me, after all they are his best buds!

2) He finally got his first tooth!  It was almost 9 months to the day when his bottom tooth finally popped!  A couple weeks later he got his other center bottom tooth.  Teething was pretty hard on him, all of the traditional teething remedies didn't work on this guy or he just refused to open his mouth for me.  Desperate times called for desperate measures so I ordered him a Baltic amber teething necklace, he wears in around his neck and it releases an anti-inflammatory into his skin.  Sean thinks it's crazy, I think it helps...plus it makes him look like a little hippy :)

3) Griffin is a full blown crawler, cruiser and assisted walker!  I can also add climber of dangerous things and  adrenaline junkie.  If it's not safe, Griffin will find it and put it in his mouth.  He is keeping me busy!

Who? Me?
4) Moving to AZ was really hard on him, not sure why I didn't anticipate that one!  Uprooting this little guy cause him to really get clingy and have major stranger anxiety and separation anxiety.  He wouldn't let me put him down at all and forget leaving the room!  He would just break down and cry big fat tears :(  He seems much more secure now which his great.  I feel bad for him and  I don't blame him one bit, but I am glad that he seems to have got over most of it!  Actually, as I am writing this he is sleeping soundly in my Mom's arms, so things are a lot better!

Helping me pack in WA
5) Griffin learned to clap a couple weeks ago!  It's a mandatory skill in the Schoonmaker family, so I am glad that he loves to clap!  He is so proud of himself too!  Its pretty darn adorable!

6)  He also learned to wave!  When we first arrived in Tucson he wouldn't let my Mom hold him but he sure would wave at her with a big smile.  Now he smiles, waves and will go to Grandma, which she loves!

7) We have an eater!! When Griffin was teething he also came down with Roseola, which is a common virus that babies can get.  High fever and and achy mouth meant he didn't eat much for almost a week.  He sure is making up for it now and will literally shove food into his mouth, even spinach.  Crazy kid!  I really enjoy watching him eat, he loves all kinds of food.  His current favorite is probably toast (aside from his beloved blue berries).

8) He is entranced by the desert. I go outside with Griffin quite a bit because he loves to watch the birds at my Mom's house. He gets really quiet and will just take it all in while Sean or I point out all of the wildlife. He loves it! I knew there was some AZ in this boy!

Last dip in the Columbia River
9) He is surrounded by love! Our move to AZ was tough in him at first but I am so happy he is now so close to all of his family and friends :)





and the babyproofing continues...




Arizona is awesome, he rarely actually NEEDS to get dressed!




On a walk in Tucson


Our sweet little guy

Comments

Popular Posts