Well, hello Graham

Our sweet little Grahamy has finally come out of his shell.  Somewhere around 15 months he woke up one day and had found his voice.  It was about a week after his ear tube surgery and also corresponded with his first sentence, "I want that!".  I'm not kidding when I say it was an overnight change and truthfully, I've been waiting for this day because in my mind I've always known that Sean and I do not produce complacent children.   It was a day filled with "No!", "mine!", chest beating and territory staking.  He knew what he wanted and how he was going to get it, and it was that day that I knew I wouldn't have to worry about him constantly getting stomped on by his big brother.  I can't help but smile as I write this because even though he gets so frustrated now and mad sometimes it's still pretty darn cute and this being the second time around for us parents, we know how to deal with the ups and downs. He's still the sweet boy that we love, with the same happy personality, he just understands his place in the world a bit better.

All that being said I feel like 15 months is a little early for this kind of need for independence and self assertion but maybe that's the path of the second child.  Graham doesn't miss a thing either so I guess I can't be too surprised.  Helping Griffin adjust to the new Graham has gone pretty well and he seems to understand that little brother copies his every move so he needs to live by the golden rule.  Unfortunately for Griff, Graham is freakishly strong.  Like really really strong, and Griff knows it which seems to somewhat level the playing field.  Our baby is now a toddler, excuse me while I sob uncontrollably.  OK, I got that out, lets move on :)

His ear tubes have been absolutely wonderful, I had no idea how bad his hearing was before.  Within a week of the surgery he had tripled the words he was speaking and started speaking in two and three word phrases.  Before he had the 2.5 month ear infection he was speaking about 10 words.  Then from his first birthday to his surgery he didn't pick up any new words and was saying the words he knew incorrectly.  Now he has about 75+ words, pretty incredible.   He's also started to sleep a bit better, no where near great, but better.  He eats better and plays harder, all and all I think he just feels better, which is awesome!  This kiddos is off and running and the world better watch out!

His favorite spot
Griff always wants me to take pictures of him with the dogs.  So cute!

Grahams current obsessions include shovels and brooms.

Easter morning goodies



Looks like Grahamy needs some coffee too :)

Graham always wants to sit with big brother.

Be still my heart!

Plenty of this going on too!

Graham provokes it too :)



Griff always shares his treats with his brother

Sicky!  He had croup for about a week and no one slept.  yay daycare!

I love his crooked smile!


Daddy is the BEST!

Comments

Popular Posts