The S word

Something really cool happened last night in the Schoonmaker household.  It started at about 8 pm and lasted until 7 am this morning.  It gave Sean and I some hope but also sent us both into a panic...what could it be?  Sleep!  Our little guy slept for 11 solid hours last night!  First time in the last seven months that I did not feed him in the middle of the night!  This was such a momentous occasion, I almost called my Mom this morning just to tell her the news :)   I almost told everyone that I worked with this morning about it, even the guy at the hospital coffee shop.  I was seriously giddy with excitement.  Neither Sean or myself are sure what is going to happen tonight, but if Griff sleeps through the night again it might be safe to say that our sleepless nights could be a thing of the past.  Gosh, I don't even know what we are going to do with 8 hours of sleep at night.  Oh wait, that's right...WE now have to learn to sleep through the night as well!  Griffin did great last night, not one wake up.  Guess who woke up a combined 6 times last night in a panic?  His parents.  Yep, both Sean and I woke up at different times scared out of our mind because Griffin was still asleep.  Thank god for our video monitor, although Sean did confess to me that he actually went in his nursery to check on him because he was so worried!  Hopefully this whole sleeping through the night thing becomes the new normal because something tells me his parents wont have too tough of a time adjusting!

Comments

Popular Posts